Right, waking up a bit.

I would like, at some point, to serialize a bunch of structures to a
byte stream.

They are the mapped structs (struct :data1 :data2).

Lets say I would like to do this generically, I need a function that
takes a keyword and returns an integer.
I will write out a mapping from integer to name to the file.

Next, on deserialize I need to be able to create the keyword again
from the name.

So I can auto-generate these integers just fine but if there is an
internal mapping I might use that.

Second, exactly what namespace do :keywords go into?  I
know ::keywords go into *ns*, but
I am not super clear about single-colon keywords.  They seem like
global keywords which is
really what I want for enumerations, but I need to be able to take a
string and turn it into
the same keyword.

Is there a keywords namespace that single colon keywords go into?

Chris