On Monday 22 December 2008 05:51, Mark Volkmann wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 2:30 PM, Randall R Schulz <rsch...@sonic.net>
wrote:
> > On Sunday 21 December 2008 11:33, chris wrote:
> >>
> >> That answers my question.  Don't use a namespace, and the keyword
> >> is global.  Pass in a namespace, and the keyword is in that
> >> namespace.
> >
> > Yes, the default namespace for keywords is different than for
> > symbols, which is why the ::keyword form exists.
>
> Can you explain what ::keyword does? I haven't encountered that
> before and can't find any documentation on it.

Rick and Stuart H. should answer, but as I understand it, instead of the
default "global" namespace (no namespace at all):

1:1 user=> (namespace :keyword)
nil

or an explicit namespace:

1:2 user=> (namespace :space/keyword)
"space"

the ::keyword notation yields a keyword in the current namespace (that
in effect when the form containing the double-colon keyword is
compiled):

1:3 user=> (namespace ::keyword)
"user"

Randall Schulz