For more than just experimentation with one file, you might also want
to look into lib packaging so that you can 'require' or 'use' rather
than have to go down to the level of 'load' or 'load-file'. Quick
summary, if your file has namespace "foo.bar" then package it in file /
foo/bar.clj (relative to your classpath) and you can then just
(require 'foo.bar) or (use 'foo.bar)

See this thread for more discussion (I had this question not too long
ago):

http://groups.google.com/group/clojure/browse_thread/thread/f29913ee38e7930a/910434de5dc460cf?lnk=gst&q=bootstrap#910434de5dc460cf

-Greg