All -

I tried testing the code at http://clojure.org/Refs to see what the
benefit of multicore processing would be.  To my surprise, the my-pmap
function took *more* time, not less, than the map function.

Whereas the times listed in the article were approximately 3.1 and 1.7
seconds, on my MacBookPro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo laptop, my times
were 14.9 and 15.1 seconds.

What is the correct interpretation of these results?  Does one need
more than 2 CPU's to see a benefit?  Or is the Mac JVM only using one
CPU instead of two?  Or...?

...and is there something wrong with my setup that both took so long?

Thanks for any enlightenment.

- Keith Bennett