Has anyone had experience creating clojure applications that use the
embedded derby database driver? I am having an issue where I am unable
to get the derby embedded database to shut down properly from within
clojure.

More specifically, whenever a java app accesses a derby embedded
database, it creates a lock file to prevent other apps from accessing
the db and corrupting it. This file should be removed in a proper
shutdown of a derby database, but so far, even though I appear to have
gotten the derby database engine to shutdown from within clojure with
(java.sql.DriverManager/getConnection "jdbc:derby:;shutdown=true"),
the lock file still remains, and no app can access the derby database
until the db.lck file is deleted manually.

I assumed this file would be deleted automagically during database
shutdown, but is this actually something my app should do manually
after shutting down its derby database? Thanks in advance for any
assistance, I appreciate that this is only marginally a clojure issue.

Brian