core_instant18.clj is conditionally loaded if you are using >= Java 1.8 to
extend the Inst protocol to java.time.Instant (which didn't exist in prior
JDKs). This is set up at:

https://github.com/clojure/clojure/blob/7aad2f7dbb3a66019e5cef3726d52d721e9c60df/src/clj/clojure/core.clj#L6661-L6665

There is some similar conditional loading for clojure.core.reducers
(dealing with whether using JDK 1.6 with jsr-166 jar or JDK 1.7+) in:

https://github.com/clojure/clojure/blob/f572a60262852af68cdb561784a517143a5847cf/src/clj/clojure/core/reducers.clj#L24

Those are the two things like that that I know of in Clojure. There are a
handful of other namespaces that are not AOT compiled - clojure.parallel
(deprecated, also has forkjoin dependencies), clojure.instant, and
clojure.uuid. I think the last two may just be an oversight.