Thanks, Alex! That helps a lot.

Is my understanding of how uberjars with aot complication work otherwise
correct? I.e. apart from the dynamically loaded

One thing I particularly care about is compile-time precomputation. My app
uses source JSON data (that I don't control) that's pretty big, but the
stuff it produces from that data is pretty small. In ClojureScript, I did
this by just using macros, since ClojureScript conveniently guarantees
those will be evaluated on the JVM and compile time. So, for example, when
I was using ClojureScript to write a GreaseMonkey script/WebExtension
(where there are good reasons to keep everything in a single file) and i
wanted to include e.g. some literal CSS in the source, I'd just use a macro.

Does a similar trick work with Clojure and AOT compilation + uberjar, or
should I use a resource as an intermediate? I'm fine with it loading e.g.
instant18.clj (although it'd certainly be neater if I didn't have to :)))

thanks in advance,
lvh