On Mar 6, 2009, at 14:15, Joshua Fox wrote:

> Is it fair to say that Clojure shines in algorithmic processing,
> string processing, concurrency management, but that there are
> better choices in other areas:

I'd say that Clojure is probably suited for anything that the JVM is
suited for. Its Lisp nature makes it much more flexible than
"ordinary" languages, and there seem to be few limits to what it can
do with the JVM, considering that it is even possible to generate low-
level maths primitives.

As for what JVM languages are not good for in general, there is the
obvious domain of systems-level programming, and there are other
domains such as number crunching, where there is a severe lack of
good libraries in the Java world. Real-time programming tasks may
also be difficult, considering that garbage collection can introduce
a delay at any time, but I am not really competent to talk about this.

Konrad.