Oh, I agree with you 100%.

I outlined why I wouldn't use Clojure in a project self-described as
"enterprise", but at risk of ranting I didn't get into how I consider
the word "enterprise" synonymous with "bloated, bureaucracy-bound,
over-engineered, unoriginal and above all /expensive/ ball of tar".

Ironically, "enterprise" has nothing to do with actual size or
significance of the project. I've seen very small projects that are
infected with "enterprise", whereas I don't think there is anything
enterprisy about, say, Google.

-Luke