Why is the Pro version acceptable for production use and the free version
is not? Is it just the UI/UX improvements? I looked for this in the
Kickstarter since I assumed this would be a major selling point, but could
not find the answer. Apologies if I missed something.

I guess I also have unrelated concerns.

TRACE is a facility which has been part of Lisp systems since time
immemorial. Visualizing traces is common in the Common Lisp world. Like
other Lisp tooling, progress on porting equivalent functionality to Clojure
has been slow, but has progressed significantly. At this point CIDER and
Cursive have progressed to the most mature development environments
available for Clojure programming. Why then is a web interface for this
necessary or even desirable? If you have a better solution than what is
provided by the built in functionality of your preferred development
environment, you extend it. This means plugins in the IDE world, Elisp
packages in the Emacs world, etc. Why not take that approach, which will
lead to a product that integrates well with a developers existing tooling.