First of all, make sure you use the latest versions of slime, clojure,
swank-clojre and clojure-mode. It works fine for me on both linux and
windows.

get latest slime here - http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/
get latest swank-clojure (your version seems to be outdated) here -
http://github.com/jochu/swank-clojure/tree/master
get lates clojure-mode here -
http://github.com/jochu/clojure-mode/tree/master

I hope you know where to get the latest clojure :)