http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/clojure/clojure/1.%.0/clojure-1.%.0.jar
> $ seq 7 9 | xargs -L1 -I% java -jar clojure-1.%.0.jar -e '"1.%.0 is
Working"'
> "1.7.0 is Working"
> "1.8.0 is Working"
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not locate
clojure/spec/alpha__init.class or clojure/spec/alpha.clj on classpath.

Use the Linux installation script as described on the "geting started"
page[1]. This will also install Clojure's dependencies for you. The
installation script accepts a `--prefix` argument if you don't want to
install it globally.

[1]: https://clojure.org/guides/getting_started

Hope that helps

         John