This particular example given fails in a similar way on 1.9. Could you give
me something closer to what you are actually seeing in your test suite?
Specifically something that is a passing clojure.test test on 1.9 but a
failure/error on 1.10?

The problem with the given example is that it fails during macroexpansion
of the test itself, not during test execution, and I don't think that's the
case you're trying to replicate.