On Apr 16, 10:00 am, Greg Harman <ghar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> - Don't let people use arbitrary versions of Clojure and Java (and
> Contrib, if you'll use it). Pick one, package it with your project,
> and then leave it alone. If your code works, you don't need the latest
> version of Clojure. If there's a feature or patch you need that
> requires an upgrade, do a full regression test.

Yes.  That's more or less what I do, even though I have the luxury (or
hardship) of working alone.  My only problems with Clojure were early
on, related to obscure edge cases in Java interop.  I haven't seen a
Clojure bug affect my code in nearly a year.

Obviously, it's a young language, so you have to do stuff yourself
that is already provided with other languages.  I wrote my own test
framework, I/O utilities, etc.  But that was fairly easy, and the
flexibility of Clojure has been a big boon to my pace of work.

-Stuart Sierra