2009/4/29 Tony Hursh <tony.hu...@gmail.com>:

> On Apr 27, 2009, at 8:45 PM, jim wrote:
>

>> Hey Antonio,
>>
>> I'm getting a similar error. I wanted to call setuid from Clojure, so
>> I followed this link's example:
>> http://www2.sys-con.com/itsg/virtualcd/Java/archives/0510/Silverman/index.html
>>
>> to build a java class and a shared library. I added the class to my
>> classpath and was able to import my UID class. But when I tried to
>> call the UID.setuid method, it gave me that UnsatisfiedLinkError. Did
>> you find a solution to your problem?
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> On Apr 22, 8:41 am, "Antonio, Fabio Di Narzo"
>> <antonio.fa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all.
>>> I'm having problems with using swig-generated wrappers with Clojure.
>>> I'm running ubuntu-8.04-i386, gcc-4.2.4, swig-1.3.33, openjdk-1.6.0,
>>> latest clojure release.
>>>
>>> I've cut down a minimal reproducible example.
>>>

> (snip)
>

> Not a direct solution for whatever's going wrong with The Horror That
> Is SWIG,
Sure, the SWIG C file is unreadable, and very far from an hypothetical
handwritten C wrapper. However, I would underline that it works
smoothly in the Java language, and only gives problems with Clojure.

I'm also wondering now if the problem is restricted to my linux
platform, or is more general (win, mac, different JDKs, etc.).

>but have you guys tried using JNA instead?
I'm working with already existent (SWIG-based) libraries. I'll
consider JNA for the future. Tnx for the tip.

a.

--
Antonio, Fabio Di Narzo
Ph.D. student at