2009/5/7 Stefan Hübner <sthueb...@googlemail.com>:

> Laurent PETIT <laurent.pe...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I also think it makes sense to deposit the whole "battery" :
>> clojureXX.jar
>> clojure-slimXX.jar
>
> OK, I would bundle clojure-slim.jar too. I'm not familiar with it, though
> curious. Would you enlighten me by throwing some light on it's purpose?

clojure is divided into clojure files (in folder src/clj/ ) and java
files (in folder src/jvm/ )

clojure-slimXX.jar contains compiled java files from src/jvm/ + clj
files from src/clj/
clojureXX.jar contains compiled java files from src/jvm/ + clj files
from src/clj/ + compiled into java classes cjl files from src/clj/

clojureXX.jar has a better startup time since clj files are already
compiled into bytecode into classes files (via AOT - Ahead Of Time -
clojure files compilation)
clojure-slimXX.jar is much smaller than clojureXX.jar. And the clj
files will be compiled into bytecode in memory "Just in Time"

Certainly both serve different needs for different people.
Regards,

--
Laurent