On Aug 12, 2:25 am, Piyush Ranjan <piyush...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a troll question. I have seen similar questions posted on other
> forums about languages like ruby, CL, Haskell, Prolog, C, C++, fortran,
> bigloo(?) etc by the same poster.
>
> Try this link:http://www.google.co.in/search?q=fft1976%40gmail.com

This may be hard for those like you to fathom, but for the kind of
things I do, I often care about both speed and productivity, and I
know all these languages (Ruby not so much) and then some: Python,
Scheme, ML dialects. Bigloo is a Scheme dialect.I know some Prolog,
but I don't recall discussing its speed.

I also recommend Clojure to people on USENET, when it seems like it
would be a good fit for them (the poster hadn't heard of Clojure
before):

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.functional/msg/ed7c2f0a64abfe3a

Not everyone who says something difficult for you to mentally relate
to is actually trolling. (I am also an opponent of outsourcing, so
perhaps that's what really ticked you off in my posting history?!

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c++/msg/f439506b6c9d102e

Sorry about that, but I think good programmers are 100x more
productive than mediocre semi-trained ones, so outsourcing only makes
sense to silly PHBs)