> Let me know what you all think!

In this case, A. I've definitely been known to use composition, but
only when the definition is simple and expressive: e.g.,

(def clean-lines (comp non-empty trimmed-lines read-lines))

I find this much nicer than stacking parens:

(defn clean-lines [x]
   (non-empty
     (trimmed-lines
       (read-lines x)))

though I've never compared efficiency, and I know it makes it harder
to add docstrings.

This is the difference between 'conventional' and point-free style, by
the way. Many people view point-free as being somehow more elegant,
and I'm generally inclined to agree... apart from in cases like your
example, where a ton of partials need to be added.

-R