On Aug 19, 2009, at 12:43 PM, Howard Lewis Ship wrote:

> I've finally had a chance (after about a month of travel and other
> distractions) to get the Clojure and Clojure Contrib builds on
> Tapestry360 (http://tapestry.formos.com/bamboo) working again.

Heh, I'm actually setting up a new hudson environment, and was
planning on adding clojure and contrib to it.  Anyway...

> Finally, I'm not sure that clojure-contrib/master is currently
> compatible with clojure/master.  I'm seeing some compilation errors
> such as:
>
>     [java] java.lang.Exception: Name conflict, can't def assoc!
> because namespace: clojure.contrib.repl-ln refers
> to:#'clojure.core/assoc! (repl_ln.clj:71)

This has happened on a number of occasions, where clojure/master gets
ahead of where contrib is on a number of fronts, which then requires
one to go spelunking for a compatible pair of changesets.

This is *exactly* what git submodules are for.  If clojure-contrib
could grow a submodule reference to Rich's repo, then a lot things
will get a lot easier.

- Chas