I'm working on cleaning up the code for clojure-mode.el, which provides
Clojure support for Emacs.

It includes some functionality for interacting with subprocesses. This
is a small subset of the functionality of the functionality included in
SLIME, but it's simpler and easier to configure.

However, now that clojure-mode has the M-x clojure-install command that
sets up SLIME etc, I don't know if the built-in subprocess features are
worth keeping around any more. Personally I have never used them or
heard of anyone using them; I wonder if they are just legacy baggage.

Would anyone be opposed to their removal?

thanks,
Phil

http://technomancy.us