On Sep 17, 2:55 pm, Chouser <chou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In a new thread, vars always start with their root binding.
>
> There's an ongoing discussion about the best way to provide
> other options when this is not the desired behavior:
>
> http://www.assembla.com/spaces/clojure/tickets/170-bound-fn-macro

That discussion implies that code on a different thread has to
explicitly ask for other threads' bindings. Is there a way to provide
some kind of inherited-binding macro, which works just like binding
but allows all threads started within its scope to automatically have
access to variables it has bound?

As icing on the cake, I'd like to allow binding and inherited-binding
to create new variables with dynamic extent. Right now, binding always
has to rebind previously def'ed or declare'd variables. This change
would allow applying the power of dynamic variables in a more targeted
manner, and make them less like glorified globals.