I do have a novel idea to work around this but I've yet to put my theory to
code and publish it.

The problems I had when loading clojure based bundles into OSGi was that
after unloading, the classes remained loaded by the bundle providing RT.

The basic idea was to add a bundle listener to the OSGi bundle, that when
uninstalled, unloads the namespace from RT (unfortunately I can't seem to
spot that API anywhere anymore).

mark