Hi,

On Oct 29, 2:07 pm, Tiago Antão <tiagoan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The eval form still shows some problems, if I do this preparation:
>
> (import javax.swing.JFileChooser)
> (def jfc (new JFileChooser))
>
> And then do:
>
> user=> (.setFileSelectionMode jfc 1)
> nil
>
> All good here, but, if I do the eval variation,
> user=> (eval (list (symbol ".setFileSelectionMode") jfc 1))

Another example which shows that eval is not worth the trouble. It is
better to use reflection. You cannot embed the JFileChooser as a
object into the code. You have to construct it in your eval. (eval `
(let [chooser# (JFileChooser.)] (~(symbol ".setFileSelectionMode")
chooser# 1) chosser#)).

Hopes this helps.

Sincerely
Meikel