On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Chouser <chou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 4:24 PM, John Harrop <jharrop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > One question: how would Java class imports be dealt with? I think it
> should
> > be unified:
> > (ns foo
> >   (uses java.io :only [File FileInputStream] :as io))
>
> I think this is a bad idea.  Java (or other host) classes are not
> Clojure functions

Not everything in a Clojure namespace is necessarily a Clojure function
either. Anything a var can hold (so, in fact, any Object) can be in a
Clojure namespace.

The point was to simplify syntax, rather than to simplify the underlying
mental model; the latter I agree can't simplify further since, as you say,
the host interop is not the same as Clojure.