On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 00:00, Raoul Duke <rao...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'd be interested to hear who has successfully used clojure in
> production. i know of some, as some folks have been vocal; any other
> interesting-but-so-far-silent uses people'd be willing to fess up
> about?
>
> many thanks.

I use Clojure for web crawling / scraping of certain services with
storing extracted data in a custom database. I could marry existing
Java libs with an excellent xml/html walking via zippers; and could
test it in REPL which is a pleasure to use. After finishing a
prototype it became a valid production version which Just Works in a
near-zero time. Ah, and I eradicated many bugs early by having set
*warn-of-reflection* - esp. for the code heavily calling Java.

Nothing revolutionary, it was just use of typical web-related
techniques, which are unfortunately still a major pain in the ass on
many programming platforms (and they don't have macros!! ;)

More uses incoming. It will be bulk data load of QDBM and TokyoCabinet
storages, for example.