> i'd be interested to hear who has successfully used clojure in
> production.

Hello,

1- We have this license server, used to control the use of a
professional software (this one written using delphi).
This was tested with thousands of simutaneous connections, and has been
working with no hiccup for 6 months. It uses nio + ssl + a mysql database.

2- An application that connects to telephony switches and gives real
time call informations to web users. With the whole administration part
(managing customer, agents and their different price lists, showing
statistics). It has many users permanently logged in as they need to
monitor those calls (they are call shops). So they can see the calls
counting for their (typically 8) booths, and can do various operation on
the calls (like interrupting a prepaid call for instance). That's a lot
of polling. We're still in the ramp-up period so we only have a fraction
of the existing customers using our application yet. This project uses
compojure + jetty + ssl + a postgres database.

There isn't much to report, everything worked as expected. The jvm
integration was a big help, providing access to some java third party
libraries. Also using java, i can develop on windows, and just drop the
jar on a solaris or linux server, it just works.
The REPL helps a lot too.

I'd like to see support for database connection pooling, and those pesky
sql underscored column names to end up with dashes on the clojure side.
Also compojure has somewhat of an attitude. Actually i miss cl-sql and
hunchentooth, but hey you can't get everything, and what we've got is
already fantastic.

The language itself is perfect for the job, though i'm looking forward
to the protocols and deftype extensions. The type metadata trick always
seems wrong, and including it in a map feels like a hack. Refs, atoms
and agents helped a lot, as well as the immutable data structures.

There it is, an application programmer's view on clojure !

Sacha De Vos