On Nov 12, 6:10 am, Rich Hickey <richhic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> An early version of the code for a few important new language
> features, datatypes[1] and protocols[2] is now available in the 'new'
> branch[3]. Note also that the build system[4] has builds of the new
> branch, and that the new branch works with current contrib.
>
> If you have the time and inclination, please try them out. Feedback is
> particularly welcome as they are being refined.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich
>
> [1]http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/clojure/Datatypes
> [2]http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/clojure/Protocols
> [3]http://github.com/richhickey/clojure/tree/new
> [4]http://build.clojure.org/

The first stumbling point I reached is that deftypes provide an
automatic implementation for IPersistentMap, but not IFn. I attempted
to write (instance key), which exploded, but (key instance) works just
fine. My existing code uses (instance key) almost universally. Should
I get used to this, or are there plans to provide a default IFn
implementation?

Allen