On Nov 12, 6:10 am, Rich Hickey <richhic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> An early version of the code for a few important new language
> features, datatypes[1] and protocols[2] is now available in the 'new'
> branch[3]. Note also that the build system[4] has builds of the new
> branch, and that the new branch works with current contrib.
>
> If you have the time and inclination, please try them out. Feedback is
> particularly welcome as they are being refined.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich
>
> [1]http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/clojure/Datatypes
> [2]http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/clojure/Protocols
> [3]http://github.com/richhickey/clojure/tree/new
> [4]http://build.clojure.org/

On Nov 12, 6:10 am, Rich Hickey <richhic...@gmail.com> wrote:
> An early version of the code for a few important new language
> features, datatypes[1] and protocols[2] is now available in the 'new'
> branch[3]. Note also that the build system[4] has builds of the new
> branch, and that the new branch works with current contrib.
>
> If you have the time and inclination, please try them out. Feedback is
> particularly welcome as they are being refined.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich
>
> [1]http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/clojure/Datatypes
> [2]http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/clojure/Protocols
> [3]http://github.com/richhickey/clojure/tree/new
> [4]http://build.clojure.org/

And a feature request: Validators on deftypes. Currently, I have a
bunch of refs that point at maps, with validator functions. The ref
validators mainly validate the contents of the map, i.e. that certain
keys are present and have sane values. It seems to make more sense to
do the checking on the type validator, and then the ref's validator
would just check that the ref's value is the correct type.

Allen