On 01.12.2009, at 02:42, Rich Hickey wrote:

> An updated version of the code for datatypes[1] and protocols[2] is
> now available in the 'new' branch[3].

This weekend I finally got around to converting all my deftype-and-
defprotocol-using code to the current Clojure new branch. It is now
more compact and more readable, and the few parts where performance
matters are faster. A big step forward!

> Small changes include:
>
> - No more use of . in reify/deftype method names
> - No more implicit this in reify/deftype

That's the only feature that I regret a bit. It looks weird in a
functional language to have functions (or something that is very
similar) that have an implicit argument named outside its definition
(in the :as option). Of course, one can think of it as similar to a
closure over the object, but it still looks a bit weird to me.

Konrad.