Hi all

The clojure unicode reading, evaluating and printing was discussed already with various results. Let me add one more, and kindly ask for advice if anyone has.

OS: Windows 7
clojure 1.1
C:\>java -version
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dfile.encoding=UTF8
java version "1.6.0_17"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 14.3-b01, mixed mode, sharing)

chcp: 437

java clojure.main
user=> éáú
java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol: ��� in this context (NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)

You see the problem.

chcp: 65001

java clojure.main
user=> éáú

C:\>

 In this case REPL is killed without any message

File unicode-test.clj in unicode:
(println (seq (.split "őúáé öüü? sdf" "\\W+")))

c:\>java clojure.main unicode-test.clj
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dfile.encoding=UTF8
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol:  in this context (unicode-test.clj:0)0)

rest of the error at http://clojure.pastebin.com/m2235d7fb

OS: FreeBSD 7.2
clojure 1.1
java -version
java version "1.6.0_07"
Diablo Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_07-b02)
Diablo Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode)

locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8

java clojure.main
user=> éőó
java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol: ó�éőó in this context (NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)
user=> "éőó"
"éőó"
user=> (println "éőó")
éőó
nil
user=> (def éőó 0)
java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve symbol: �0 in this context (NO_SOURCE_FILE:6)
user=>

better but still not bulletproof

testing also the same script like on windows
java clojure.main unicode-test.clj
( sfd)

No errors :) but of course it did not split the way I wanted...

Anyone having better results with unicode and encoding? Preferably on windows.

Thank you in advance
Lukas