I think the strongest argument I ever found and which indicates the
complexity involved with Concurrent programming are the following 2
articles:

   1. The too much milk
problem<http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1V4iBbCJCL0OTJkY2U5MDUtMGEzNS00NGExLThkZjItYjE3MmQ4NWJmNGJm&hl=en>
   This is taken from publicly available lecture note. I find this example
   very compelling because it shows how complicated a solution to a simple
   problem can be.
   2. Why Threads cannot be implemented as a
library<http://www.hpl.hp.com/techreports/2004/HPL-2004-209.html>

These two are sufficient to convince many of the complexity of Concurrent
programming. The way I try to convince people of the benefits of Clojure is
by first explaining these 2 articles and then showing how easy life is with
Clojure.