I agree that this would obstruct the subject line needlessly, a
particularly inconvenient thing for anyone who (like me) often reads
list emails on devices with very small screens.

The list is high-volume enough that I suspect the vast majority of
readers filter list emails away from their main inbox. If this is
right, the demand for subject-line differentiation is probably low.

On 3/4/10, Jan Rychter <j...@rychter.com> wrote:
> Rich Hickey <richhic...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Mar 4, 2:56 am, TimDaly <d...@axiom-developer.org> wrote:
>>> For the other groups that I subscribe to, the email subjects are
>>> always prefixed with the group name, e.g.
>>>
>>> Re: [sage-devel] This is the mail subject
>>>
>>> This makes it possible to reliably group the emails into folders.
>>> Is it possible to do the same for Clojure and Clojure-dev?
>>
>> It is possible for me to put a [Clojure] prefix on the emails. Does
>> anyone have any objections to that?
>
> It pollutes the Subject line for no good reason, anyone can filter based
> on headers anyway. This is useful only for people who don't filter their
> mail and drop everything into one huge inbox.
>
> --J.

Sent from my mobile device