On Mar 14, 5:42 pm, Meikel Brandmeyer <m...@kotka.de> wrote:
> really shows, that concurrent programming is not trivial. Not even for
> „trivial“ things like a memoised function.

True. It's not too hard to be correct, but being correct and
performant at the same time is a different issue...

Thinking about your earlier comment:

> discussion between Rich and Cliff Click: How to define the
> borders of a transaction region?)

That's what packing more than one value into a single atom kind of
gives us, although in a limited way. This is one of my take-aways from
this discussion. But you can't mix and match any arbitrary reference
into such a "transaction", like with refs.

Cheers
Eugen