If this is a dumb question, let me apologize in advance. The thing is,
I've been trying to learn Clojure in my spare time, and, following the
advice of several Clojure blogs, started by reading Halloway's book
and playing around a bit at the REPL, which is all well and good, but
now I'm ready to tackle something a little bigger. The project that
interests me most is James Reeve's Compojure, so I cloned the
repository with the intention of loading the source files into the
REPL and testing out some of the functions to get an idea of how it
works internally. The first hurdle was getting all the dependent
classes on the classpath, which I did by adding them one by one to
the .clojure file (I'm using a script that concatenates the contents
of .clojure to the classpath before launching the REPL). So far, so
good. However, when I try to load core.clj from the REPL, it complains
about not being able to find "compojure/response.clj" or its
equivalent class. And it does this even if I load response.clj first,
then try to load core.clj.

So here are my questions:

Am I going about this the wrong way? Is there an easier way to explore
existing open-source projects? I
Is there a less cumbersome way to get a load of files on the classpath
than manually editing the .clojure file?
How do I tell the REPL where to find response.clj so that core.clj
will load?

Any other advice will be much appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Daniel