advice on `slime-read-interactive-arg' is used to add clojure to
`slime-lisp-implementations', and set up classpath each time slime
starts.
This advice is not loaded by default. Other .emacs files use ELPA,
which loads the advice for them.
Without ELPA it's necessary to load the advice using `ad-activate'
after (require 'swank-clojure)