Hello Anniepoo,

thank you for the answer. I t made me think in new directions,
splendid!

Its streams, I completely agree. What I still try is mapping this to
the ubiquitous Clojure-sequences. And what I came up with is seeing
the stream as blocking lazy sequence of strings (the lines), that can
then be transformed into blocking lazy sequence of messages (that may
be multiline, I didn't mentioned that before).

And now I'm not sure whether the blocking permits to be a sequence. As
far as I understand, blocking (in the Clojure world) should be
restricted to references. And if head and tail of a "seq" are
references, they dont fit the interface anymore, or do they.

Still thinking ;-)

Kind regards, alux