So the proscribed way to run Clojure from the command line is to type:
  >java -cp clojure.jar clojure.main
at the command prompt.

How about adding *clojure.bat* to the distribution for us Windows
people.  A shell script for Unix would be nice too...

@echo off
cls
java -cp %~dp0\clojure.jar clojure.main

That way I don't have to know any Java, and I can just go straight to
programming Clojure.  Yeah, I might have to tweak the settings and add
new jars (contrib, for example), but at least I have a shortcut.  :-)
And a place to make my Java-ish tweaks.