On 28/05/2010, at 9:21 AM, Armando Blancas wrote:

>> Remember, the actual API won't matter - that will be completely
>> abstracted away. So try to focus on the framework's look and feel.
>> Thanks!
>> -Luke
>
> SWT, because of the native look and feel. I really don't like the
> looks of Swing. As a user of some Swing app, I don't find solace from
> thinking how convenient it was for the programmers to deliver that
> thing to me. As a developer, dealing with the packaging/deployment
> just comes with the job and the results, I think, are well worth the
> effort.

+1 SWT. I think arguments that focus on the ease of deployment are misguided
because an app is *used* far more times than it is deployed, so one really
should focus on the quality of the end application. In any case, deployment and
packaging for different platforms is easy to automate.

Antony Blakey
CTO, Linkuistics Pty Ltd
Ph: 0438 840 787

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent
are full of doubt.
  -- Bertrand Russell