Hi everyone,

I'm 100% new to LISP, 95% new to Java, and 90% new to programming in
general. Where and how would you recommend learning Clojure? I'm
planning on buying Programming Clojure, but until then what would you
suggest?

I got Netbeans working with Clojure and the default template is this:

(comment
Sample clojure source file
)
(ns com.yourcompany.defpackage
    (:gen-class))

(defn -main
    ([greetee]
  (println (str "Hello " greetee "!")))
  ([] (-main "world")))

It ran and printed "Hello world!". Can anyone explain to me in detail
what each statement means. I'm particularly confused by:

(comment
Sample clojure source file
)

I thought all comments began with ; ? I understand what println does
and that's it.

Thanks in advance everyone.