> This is interesting.
>
> One set of folks considers non-machine-number performance to be surprising,
> and wants to avoid it.
>
> Another set of folks considers the possibility of arithmetic exceptions for
> certain combinations of input to be surprising, and wants to avoid them.
>
> Nobody likes surprises, but discounts the other folks' surprise as less
> important :)

Like I said, our expectations are colored by our experiences and we
all have different experiences.

Whatever decision is ultimately made, it wouldn't affect my decision
to use Clojure or not overall, although it may incline me to use
Clojure for *different* parts of a problem solution (I'm more of a
mixed language solution guy than one size fits all anyway).
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://getrailo.com/

-- Margaret Atwood