On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 12:27 PM, Daniel Gagnon <redalas...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I don't use Clojure for web development and I thought sharing why could be
> useful too.
>
> For web development, my favourite tool is
> Django<http://www.djangoproject.com/>.
> It comes as a fullstack framework which means I have everything I need out
> of the box. Templates, caching, ORM, a kick-ass autogenerated admin section,
> cross-domain request forgery protection etc. and the documentation is really
> top notch.
>
> I'd rather have Clojure than Python but all the goodness that Django
> provides is such a time saver that I feel I'd lose too much time with
> Clojure.
>
> If I had a full-stack, well-documented clojure framework, I'd jump to that

full-stack frameworks take time to evolve, and even then for many projects
they aren't a good fit since they impose a both narrow perspective and a
heavy cognitive load (massive APIs). In my experience development in Clojure
is just as fast as it is in Django. The main thing lacking is documentation
of the Clojure goodies that are currently available.

David