Hi,

On Jun 23, 11:23 pm, James Reeves <weavejes...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> 1. Have you written, or are you writing, a web application that uses
> Clojure? What does it do?

I'm guerilla coding a small web app to do some very non-standard
statistical analysis of customer returns (ABS/ESC systems for cars).
The whole thing is in stealth mode. So it won't ever be released to
the public. (When I look at the code, I have to say: "Luckily!") It is
a webapp to allow some closely related departments to access the
information w/o having to deploy an app.

> 2. Which libraries or frameworks are you using? Which versions?

    compile 'org.clojure:clojure:1.1.0'
    compile 'org.clojure:clojure-contrib:1.1.0'
    compile 'enlive:enlive:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT'
    compile 'ring:ring-core:0.2.0'
    compile 'ring:ring-devel:0.2.0'
    compile 'ring:ring-jetty-adapter:0.2.0'
    compile 'moustache:moustache:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT'
    compile 'net.sf.opencsv:opencsv:2.1'
    compile 'clj-stacktrace:clj-stacktrace:0.1.0-SNAPSHOT'
    compile 'congomongo:congomongo:0.1.0-SNAPSHOT'
    compile 'joda-time:joda-time:1.6'
    compile 'jfree:jfreechart:1.0.12'
    compile 'jasperreports:jasperreports:3.5.3'

> 3. What made you choose Clojure to develop web applications in? What
> are the strengths of Clojure web development?

It's a lisp and my exclusive language for hobby projects since March
2008. The only other language I have a comparable knowledge is C. And
I didn't want to start with C. Also deploy: Java is here ubiquitous. I
can just take a plain jar to some machine and am done. (I'm didn't
kill a kitten. I sacrificed a puppy instead.) I have an embedded
nailgun server my vimclojure talks to. So I can hot swap functions and
immediately test in the browser. (I'm sure there are better ways to do
this, but at the moment this is efficient enough for me)

> 4. What do you think are the current weaknesses of web development in
> Clojure? What could be improved?

I can't say anything for that one. I would have to learn how to write
a webapp first.

> 5. Anything else you want to comment on?

Clojure is fun. :)

Sincerely
Meikel