> If folks find the Java stack intimidating, maybe Clojure isn't for
> them? Lots of language run on the JVM and they all require some basic
> knowledge of classpaths, build tools and existing IDEs such as
> Ecliper, NetBeans, IntelliJ etc. If folks are new to all that, I don't
> think it's Clojure's job to teach them - there's plenty of literature
> out there about the JVM environment and tools.

Groovy have an out of the box editor you just have to double-click to start.
Jython have an installer. Other JVM languages are ahead of clojure for
out-of-the-box ease of use. Lacking in that regard is *not* a feature. Also,
it's unreasonable to expect people to understand all the complex java ways
when they start out with the language. There is a lot of documentation about
Java, but how are newbs supposed to know where to start?