On 29 June 2010 21:03, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 9:24 PM, Phil Hagelberg <p...@hagelb.org> wrote:
>> Mostly I'd like feedback on the tutorial:
>> http://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/master/TUTORIAL.md
>>
>> But if you've got some time to look over the readme, that would be
>> great too: http://github.com/technomancy/leiningen/blob/master/README.md
>
> With all the newbies that have chimed in recently with strong opinions
> on the newbies thread, I was wondering if I could convince some of
> them to help the out-of-the-box experience by suggesting improvements
> to the recently-revised pieces of documentation above. =)

I'd read the current versions of the docs. The README seems not to
have changed much, but that's OK, it was pretty good before.

The tutorial looks pretty good now - it does an excellent job of
covering what's needed of the Maven infrastructure without expecting
the reader to follow Java-style material or read too many links to
source documentation.

One thing I would have found useful, although it's not strictly
something for Leiningen, is a brief explanation of how namespace
declarations need to match filenames. My experience so far is that all
my initial code has been single-file scripts (where I could get away
with ignoring namespaces and just naming the file whatever I wanted).
When I made the leap to "proper projects", I moved to Leiningen and at
the same time, I encountered namespaces - so a note in the Leiningen
documentation on how to define my namespaces to match my project
structure would have saved me a significant amount of grief!

Paul.