> For the time being, you could use nailgun.  My clj script uses nailgun
> and for a warm start I can run clj -e "(System/exit 0)" in 20
> milliseconds.

Nice idea! I've incorporated it into my clj script as well:

http://www.taoeffect.com/other/clj.lsp.html

Run it with clj -ng and it will start the server for you if it's not already
running, and then it will run clojure using the 'ng' command.

Even without the -ng flag, it will check if the server is already running and
will use it if it is (unless you specify -nng, or "no-nailgun").