Being a n00b, 1 year programming, not formally educated in such, 2
weeks with Clojure
I am going to agree. Clojure is NOT n00b friendly. The easiest setup I
have ever seen dealt with is python.

* Most n00bs want a "hello world" in an application output (via script
or compojure). Not in a repl. The repl is a tool to get you there. In
order to do this users should really have a 7 step guide on leinington
and optionally compojure, unfortunately it's so poorly documented and
incorrectly documented it's frustrating for n00bs. In my case I
thought I was downloading the current version @4.0, which quite
frankly bites because it won't run version 1.2 clojure, which most
blogs use functions from. And almost every blog/doc on leinington is
old omits/incorrectly states basic steps.(ie they walk you all the way
through to lein uberjar, but don't actually put a namespace in the
project.clj example), therefore none of the classes compile). If
you're on macsox, and get the namespaces down even then the current
leinington release barfs on DS_store files (the hot to trot release
doesn't however).

Quite frankly I love Clojure, but I TOTALLY agree -> The clojure world
is not stable even if clojure core is.

The thing is that it's SOOOO close. After days of sifting through all
the BS, I don't know why we couldn't have the relevant 7 easy steps
documented linked from the front page of clojure.org. To do so however
still requires all the bleeding edge versions.

My 2 cents.
Tim