On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 11:09 PM, j-g-faustus
<johannes.fries...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From their FAQ on the same page:
> - I have a patched version of the foo project developed at foo.com,
> what groupId should I use?
> * When you patch / modify a third party project, that patched version
> becomes your project and therefore should be distributed under a
> groupId you control as any project you would have developed, never
> under com.foo. See above considerations about groupId.
>
> I guess Maven wants to be the kind of authoritative software artifact
> repository Clojars apparently isn't, judging from the comments in this
> thread.

Clojars has the exact same policy with regard to modified third-party
libraries, (hence the abundance of org.clojars.$USERNAME groupids) it
just doesn't enforce it with technical means; it relies on its users
to make responsible decisions before uploading. Unfortunately this
trust seems to have been misplaced in a few instances, or perhaps the
documentation just needs to be more forceful.

This would not be a big problem (it's easy to fix manually) except for
the fact that the Clojars maintainer has disappeared. I've tried to
contact him to see if he could allow someone else to have access
(perhaps a Clojure/core member?) but have been unsuccessful. I will
try again though--Clojars is too important to leave it in the hands of
one person.

-Phil