Thanks Laurent.

FWIW I had looked for the ccw-specific mailing list but not found it... perhaps
that should be advertised a bit more (e.g. I don't see it mentioned on
http://code.google.com/p/counterclockwise/). Thanks for pointing it out to me.

On the specific issue: I had turned off "build automatically" because I
preferred to be able to save without triggering anything else. Maybe that
contributed to the problem. However, Project > Clean did NOT resolve the
problem by itself. The most recent instance of the problem DID clear up,
however, after clicking the "Remove Launch" and/or "Remove All Terminated
Launches" buttons above the REPL. I have no idea what those things really mean
(what's a launch anyway, and what's it being removed from?), but in my
desperate clicking I tried them and the zombie markers went away.

Thanks,

 -Lee

On Jul 12, 2010, at 9:51 AM, Laurent PETIT wrote:

> Hi Lee,
>
> Please note that ccw also has a user ml (for an historical reason, it has a
> name which does not reflect the current name of the project):
> clojuredev-us...@googlegroups.com
>
> Anyway:
>
> The quick answer: Project > clean
>
> The long answer:
> The problem/error markers can only appear when there is an active REPL for
> the project. When there is an active REPL for the project, every time you'll
> save a file, the whole project will be recompiled in the background (using
> the active REPL for running the (compile ..) commands). If there are
> compilation errors, they will be reported as error markers in the right place
> (file/line). If you "fix" the error, you must still have a running REPL, and
> when you save the file, the markers are first deleted, then the project is
> compiled, etc.

School of Cognitive Science, Hampshire College
893 West Street, Amherst, MA 01002-3359
lspec...@hampshire.edu, http://hampshire.edu/lspector/
Phone: 413-559-5352, Fax: 413-559-5438

Check out Genetic Programming and Evolvable Machines:
http://www.springer.com/10710 - http://gpemjournal.blogspot.com/