I posted this on StackOverflow yesterday, but to no avail: I don't
think many people looked at it, or least I didn't get much feedback.

I am trying to create a lazy/functional/efficient/Clojuresque function
to carry out convolution on two lists/vectors of (ideally BigDecimals
but that may be inefficient) doubles.

It is turning out to be very difficult. I have four or five versions
in my buffer right now, and none of them are acceptable. I've even
tried a number of versions using into-array etc, e.g. mutables.

Instead of posting a lot of links to pastie, I'm just copying the SO
link here, where my code and the algorithms can be found.

Right now, it seems as though this is something Clojure cannot do.
David Nolen mentioned that the appropriate Java-interop functionality
may come in Clojure 1.3, but aside from eschewing the functional style
by using arrays, it seems as though there should be a better answer.
(As an aside, where can I find out about 1.3?)

I have a Python implementation to show how nicely it can be expressed
in an imperitive language (though I suppose I dabbled in the
functional style initializing my return array).

Is it possible to do this, and do it well?

Thank you so much, in advance.