I am interested in getting the combination of Emacs+slime+swank-
clojure, alex-and-georges.debug-repl and clojure debugging toolkit to
work together.

I'm almost there but I am missing support for debug-repl when using
using Emacs M-x slime-connect with a lein swank server. The debug-repl
doen't become the current repl in the Emacs session.

Example.

krukow:~/workspaces/trifork/intrafoo_clj$ cat project.clj
:dev-dependencies [[swank-clojure "1.2.1"]
                     [org.clojars.gjahad/debug-repl "0.3.0-SNAPSHOT"]
                     [cdt "1.0.1-SNAPSHOT"] ]
:jvm-opts
 ["-
agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8030"])

Then

krukow:~/workspaces/trifork/intrafoo_clj$ lein swank
Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8030
WARNING: group-by already refers to: #'clojure.core/group-by in
namespace: clojure.contrib.pprint, being replaced by:
#'clojure.contrib.pprint/group-by
user=> Connection opened on local port  4005
#<ServerSocket ServerSocket[addr=localhost/
127.0.0.1,port=0,localport=4005]>

In emacs: M-x slime-connect

Now I can open a different repl for clojure debugging toolkit and
connect to this Emacs session. Cool.

However, debug-repl doesn't work in the emacs session:

; SLIME 20100404
user> (use 'alex-and-georges.debug-repl)
nil
user> (let [c 1
        d 2]
    (defn a [b c]
      (debug-repl)
      d))
  (a "foo" "bar")
dr-1-1001 => 2
user>

Notice that the Emacs repl immediately goes back to the "outer
repl" (user namespace), the debug-repl is started (line: dr-1-1001 =>
2) but I can't interact with it.

Has anyone got debug-repl working with Emacs/Slime?

/Karl